DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS IN-PERSON SUNDAY SCHOOL AND FGL KIDS HAVE TEMPORARILY BEEN MOVED TO ONLINE AT 10:00AM SUNDAYS
At Fort George/Lighthouse, we are passionate about providing fun, engaging, Jesus-centred ministry for kids! We have different programs available, all with children’s ministry workers who love their church, their city, the kids, and Jesus.
Our Sunday School/FGL Kids are currently being combined: Check-in time is at 10:15am and pick-up at 11:45am
Hello Parents and Guardians,
My name is Spencer Price and I am the Family Ministries Pastor at Fort George Baptist Church. I look after the children’s, youth and young adults ministries at the church. We are entering into the Fall, which means our programs are starting up again! Programs will look different this year, but I am hopeful still that positive memories will be created in the year to come.
Covid-19 Precautions Covid has changed our world in an unprecedented way in a very short amount of time. We know that our world will not go back to the way it was before, but we also know that as a community, we must move forward with unity, wisdom and boldness. Community building is important, and so is the care of people’s physical health, so the leadership at Fort George Baptist Church have decided to model our precautions after those of our school district. This will mean a few things:
- Frequent hand washing/hand sanitizing for children and leaders.
- Pre-packaged snacks will be served.
- Children and Leaders who are sick will be asked to stay home.
- A limit of 25 children per semester can sign up for Sunday School/Kids Club. - We have chosen to go this route to keep kid’s social circles smaller, as well as the leader’s. This will help lessen the risk of an outbreak. We have looked to the school district’s “learning group” model, and have adapted it to fit our church’s size and capacity. Families can sign their children up for Sunday School or the Kids Club at the beginning of the fall. We do ask that if children or families decide to stop coming, that they let us know, so that in two-three weeks, we can notify the families next on the waiting list that they can participate.
Please call Spencer at 250-81-8931 to enquire about space availability and to reserve a spot.
- Kid’s Club workers will be asked to wear masks, and children are encouraged to wear masks.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me. I would love to answer questions and listen to any concerns you may have.